To align with TBR Policy 1:08:03:00, Motlow State enforces the following policies:
- For students, passwords are only reset if:
- Unauthorized use of the account or unauthorized password discovery occurs
- A system breach or compromise occurs
- Insecure transmissions of a password occurs and is discovered
- Accidental disclosure of a password to an unauthorized person occurs
- A status change occurs that allows higher privileged access
- For employees, passwords are required to be reset at least once every 120 days. Passwords are also reset in the same events listed above for students.
- For users with privileged access, passwords are required to be reset at least once every 120 days. Passwords are also reset in the same events listed above for students.
Motlow State enforces the following password requirements:
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters in length.
- Passwords must be composed of a combination of at least three of the following types of characters:
- Upper case alphabetic characters
- Lower case alphabetic characters
- Numeric characters
- Special (non-alphanumeric characters) such as !, @, #, $, %, &, etc.
NOTE: Motlow State is in the process of rolling out multi-factor authentication for all users, starting with users with privileged access. This is an added extra step in order to confirm log ins are valid and legitimate. We'll update this article as MFA rollouts occur. For more information on multi-factor authentication, please click here.